Saturday, May 7, 2005

how to move three times in fifteen months

I moved from Texas to Oklahoma in February of '04. Got married in April but still lived with Tim's parents until September, when we moved into our own apartment. Just this month I finally feel like I'm really getting organized and unpacked and settled, and we even had renewed our lease already. Then earlier this week Tim says to me that there is a store management position open in Missouri and he is one of 3 people up for the job. Then a few days later he was one of two... with him being 51% and the other candidate 49%. Both of us were nervously awaiting the boss's decision for who would get that store.

Found out yesterday afternoon that it will be Tim. :) We are excited but nervous too. It is going to be a bit of a whirlwind moving experience... 3 days there to find an apartment and get moved in. Plus I will actually have to come back for a bit to finish up my 2 weeks, get things disconnected (utilities and whatnot), etc. It will definitely be an adventure. Unfortunately this move will put me 8 hours away from my family again. But we would possibly be able to move around to other (larger) stores in the region as they come open also.

It still hasn't quite hit me yet that we are moving. Probably won't hit me until after I finish up here towards the end of the month and then leave here for the last time in a while. I am looking forward to it.