Thursday, June 14, 2007

get in shape, girl

I'm wondering if any of the ladies on here remember that fitness series from the early '80s. Each set came with a cassette that led you through the workout, a poster showing the moves, and a piece of workout gear. I think I had one that had leg warmers and another one that had a ribbon-on-a-stick. Like this one here. That was my favorite thing ever.

But anyway. I am now going to be a "girl getting in shape" again, because yesterday hubby and I joined a local fitness center. I really think this will be helpful to both of us. I haven't really been able to stick to an exercise in the recent past b/c I've gotten quickly bored. But just from the brief view of the gym yesterday, I really think I'm going to like it a lot. It has a ton of variety and some of the weight machines are VERY user-friendly. Inexperienced me needs a lot of user-friendliness. I'm going to call later today to try to schedule time w/ a personal trainer to get my burning questions answered.

As for Lydia, she is doing fine. :) When it's time to eat, she's now started anticipating it. (She's still just nursing). As soon as it's in sight, she will look at it and reach for it. And last night while I was trying to get her to sleep, she popped off and was smiling and gurgling to her food source. It was so cute and sweet.

1 comment:

Margaret said...

It's funny that you blogged about "get in shape girl." I too had the leg warmers AND ribbon wand.

When I was visiting my parents this past weekend, we got out some old slides to watch. There is a picture of me (in a leotard, tights, and leg warmers) and my brother (in tighty whiteys, a t-shirt, sweat band and wrist warmers) with our arms sticking up in the air. It is hilarious. My brother's belly pokes out of his shirt b/c his arms are up. We are probably about 5 and 7 years old.

We were rolling on the floor laughing when it came up.