Tuesday, May 27, 2008

more job questions and uncertainties

May was a good month for hubby in car sales. Will June be? Will July? I don't know. It's hard to plan a budget for income that fluctuates so wildly. Tim understands this, and has been keeping an eye out and applying at a few other places. There's one job that he's going to pursue that would be something completely different than he's ever done before. I don't want to post a whole lot about it here and get my hopes up, but if he gets this job, he'll have more time with me and Lydia, be closer to home, still be able to go to church, and the income will be steady and regular, so we could likely try to buy a house next spring/early summer. The hiring process for this job goes for about 2 months, with several steps to go through, so I'm just hoping and praying that he's able to make it through all the steps. Or if not, that something else will show up for us. I don't want to go back to work, but if we have any more skinny months like February and March were, I may have to get something part-time to help out. But how can I be a keeper at home when I'm not AT home, ya know?

2 comments:

Margaret said...

I'll be praying for this new possibility. If not this job, then perhaps God will provide a better opportunity before the two months is complete.

Are you still doing the transcription from home? You hadn't mentioned it recently.

Andrea said...

I am still doing the transcription. Now that Lydia is bigger, though, I can't do as much of it as I used to. (Because I actually have to stop and feed her real food now instead of just plop her on my lap and nurse her while I type, LOL.)

Thank you for the prayers.