Thursday, January 15, 2009

another time of unemployment has begun

The current project that Tim was working on has been winding down, and they've started laying people off. A few weeks ago, he warned me that he could be laid off, and Monday he came home with his final paycheck. He did file for unemployment, but based on this page, we don't qualify. Hopefully the union will call him today or tomorrow so he can go back to work next week. This month was already so thin that we were going to have to dip into our savings before it's over. Now our savings will be entirely gone. :( I do have a few very VERY small orders on the side, and my transcription is starting up again next week, but that's nowhere near what we need.

ETA later: After receiving the mail today, I have a bit of renewed hope, b/c we may be able to get unemployment benefits after all. I apparently misread the meaning of that page I linked. We will have to wait a week before benefits kick in, though.

2 comments:

Lindsay said...

So sorry to hear that Andrea. We will definitely be keeping you guys in our thoughts and prayers! Hopefully the union will come through for you.

The Bennett Family said...

Hi Andrea,
Wow, you have been blogging for a long time! Thanks for adding us to your list of blogs that you follow.
We will be praying that the union will call soon! I can imagine that this is so stressful for you.