Monday, October 10, 2005

dreams coming true sooner than i thought

And by dreams I mean my work at home dreams. But before we get there, I have other info.

Tim and I have been talking for a while about getting a new computer. This one that we have currently is "messed up" (with spyware and whatnot I'm sure) to the point that downloaded programs won't open or install correctly and are unusable. In theory we could wipe the slate clean and start over but I've been so nervous about that. Plus the ISP disc that I have might install in a way that only lets me read my e-mail on the computer instead of on any internet-connected computer. So this week we are getting a new computer and also getting DSL. We've been on dial-up forever and our DSL company is running a promotion which makes it VERY affordable. I am so excited. :D

On the work at home thing... since my last entry I had come across a couple of things that could be feasable for me to do. One of them was a direct sales company but I could do it entirely online if I wanted to. It is the Greeting Cake Company, and I may still sign up for it but probably a bit later.

The other opportunity I looked into, LiveOps, sounded VERY promising. Plus there was a whole message board with people who were thinking about it or who already do it. So I spent a few days on that board asking questions and reading old posts. To go with this company, I had to be able to be connected to the internet and talk on a regular landline phone at the same time. Also, my internet connection had to be high-speed. And it had to be free of spyware (run a program once/week). My current computer is unacceptable because I can't get spyware cleaner programs to run on it once downloaded. It's kindof like cleaning the bathroom. If you do a little bit once/week then it is SO much easier than doing it once a year. But anyway back to LiveOps. So I was quite satisfied with the answers I received on the message board, etc., and decided late yesterday evening to submit an application and wait for the infamous "conference call" e-mail. (If you get one of those, you're pretty much "in" and just have to send in paperwork and $$ for them to run a background check). Some on the message boards hadn't heard in months, and others heard in only a couple of weeks. So I had planned to wait a while and just keep my hopes in the air a little bit. But when I got home TODAY there was the e-mail in my box!!! I was so excited. My call is this Friday morning. I can start working pretty soon, after my training, and should get my first check on November 16th.

Plus this is something I can do after the children come, which will help a little bit with the budget, and possibly allow us to try for a baby a little bit sooner. I'm so excited. :)

No comments: