Friday, January 5, 2007

new year so different from last year

Wow, I can't believe I've had this blog for a whole year already! I haven't written in it as regularly as I would have liked to, but maybe that'll change this year. :)

Lydia is doing well. It's FINALLY starting to sink in that I'm a mommy. She is a month old today and still tiny. She still fits in newborn diapers and newborn clothes, and the 0-3 month clothes are still so big on her. We had a nice visit last week with my family. Mom kept wanting me to give her a pacifyer all week though saying that I would regret it if I didn't ever give her one. But so far Lydia is quite content chewing on her hands occasionally and her frequent spitups seem to have lessened in quantity and frequency, so I'm not giving her a pacifyer yet. Our nursing relationship is going too well for me to potentially mess it up by giving her one of those.

The visit with my family went well too. All of my mom's side (her sis and bro and her parents) were there at some point during the week, so they all got to meet Lydia. Two of my dad's aunts were also in town so they got to see her too... although one of them mentioned that some peanut butter would make her fists taste better while she chewed on them. My grandmother also had pics of my own birth 28 years ago, and my parents drove home from the hospital just holding me in their arms. I'm not sure that I ever had a carseat b/c of some other early memories I have. It's always interesting how things change from generation to generation.

The first night we were at my parents, Lydia would NOT go to sleep. Turns out that she was cold, so hubby and I took her into bed with us, and she went right to sleep. :) Later in the week, I was taking a nap and co-sleeping again since I had just fed her and didn't really want to get ALL the way up to do that, and my mom came into the room and tried to steal her from me for some more guests that had come over. Since Lydia was right there, I was able to keep my arm protectively over her and reassure my mom that I would bring Lydia out in a little bit.

Right now we still haven't quite made it home yet. Father in law had to have some unexpected surgery so we are staying with his parents for a few more days and hope to be back home on Monday. While we're in town, hubby is working at a store that's about 2 hours away from here. The current manager at THAT store is not doing well at all, and has 6 weeks to get the store in shape or he's gone. Hubby is working there today and tomorrow to help that store arrange the products the way they're supposed to be arranged, and try to help the manager stay there... but in the meantime he and I both are possibly hoping to move there and hubby can manage that store. Then we will be only 4 hours from my family and 2 hours from hubby's instead of 10 and 6, respectively. So anyone reading out there, keep your fingers crossed for us. In May we will have been where we're at for 2 years, and that is the timeframe that the previous district manager had expected us to stay here. The store that hubby is at is in a small-ish town, there's a wonderful church there, and the housing cost is nice and low, so it would definitely be a place we wouldn't mind settling permanently. We would very much miss where we're at, though.

No comments: