Friday, August 26, 2005

childbirth thoughts

No, I'm not pregnant. But I do think about it and dream about it and hope about it for one day in the future. Today's post is prompted by a post I got on another list I'm on saying that they don't do referrals for illegal midwives. That would have been my best chance for having a homebirth since most of the Certified Nurse Midwives have to have doctor backup and very few of them do homebirths anymore. It's possible, but only slightly such, that legislation will pass between January and May that makes direct-entry midwifery legal again in MO, but if it does not pass then I may have birth by myself without any "professional" guidance. I have no fears.

But in the meantime I will still pray that legislation will pass to decriminalize midwifery.

No comments: