Wednesday, July 11, 2007

on the move in more ways than one

The first "on the move" is obviously our big move to Texas. Turns out that the company is only paying for 2 nights in a hotel, Thursday and Friday. So once again, they think we can do everything in 1 business day. I keep looking at our "short list" of apartments and think I have it narrowed down to just a couple, but we definitely have to see them first. But I mean the apartment rental application alone can easily take more than one business day. I even called one today to ask about their availability and said that we'd need to move in on Friday, and he's like "Well, the soonest we can process your application would be the middle of next week." OK then, thanks anyway.

I'm taking a little break from packing. I was bad and put it off for as long as I could, but I think we'll be able to get it done today. It's going a lot smoother than I thought it would. Plus hubby only works a half day today and then he'll be able to help me pack, etc. too. Tomorrow will be the real kicker, though, since we'll have to wait until after our showers to pack up all THAT stuff, and we can't clean the floor all the way until the washer and dryer are gone, can't vaccuum all the way until the furniture is gone, etc. I'm hoping that we'll be able to be on the road by 10. I have to take a detour to my in-laws to drop off our cat, since we won't be able to pay the pet deposit for a few months, so if I leave by 10 and take minimal stops, it'll still be probably 9 before I get to the hotel.

The other "on the move" is Lydia. She's still not crawling, but is finding it easier and easier to get around. I left her in the middle of our bedroom while I was packing a box, and she managed to roll over to the wall where some empty boxes were stacked and was playing with a box and chewing on its corner. I asked her how she got all the way over there and she just looked at me. :P

No comments: