Monday, September 10, 2007

wrong number

So every so often for the past couple of months or so, I've been having a strange number show up on my cell phone. It started with a "normal" area code, then the rest of the number was 000-4627 or something. I can't remember the last 4 digits, but the middle was definitely 000. I never did answer it and they never did leave a message. I really didn't know what to make of it because I thought it was someone who would somehow "steal" my phone information with that fake number, then start making calls that would get billed to my phone. I called my cell phone customer service to inquire about blocking this "strange" number, and they put me on hold while they tried to see a record of me receiving a call from that number, only to come back and tell me that they couldn't block calls. So I said to myself that I'd just keep on not answering those calls.

Then in the past week or so, the calls became more frequent, sometimes even happening 2 or 3 times in a row. Then finally today they leave me a message. Turns out it was the capital of Missouri. I had set up a home-based business account with them, then never did use it. I cancelled the business when hubby and I moved, and tried to give them an address of his new work to forward my cash bond refund to (since we wouldn't have our new address for a while). Turns out that it got sent back, and they'd been trying to call me and let me know. I of course called them right back and told them why I never answered the phone when they called... they thought it was funny. Anyway, the check should once again be in the mail. Now one of these days I need to set up an account for Texas.

No comments: