Wednesday, February 16, 2005

trial and error with cheesy bread

So I have several packets of dinner roll/pizza crust mix (with yeast packet) in my cabinet. Well actually I am down to just one left I think. Anyway last night I used one of them to make a thin crust 14" pizza, and a sheet of cheese bread. I lacked parmesan so I couldn't use that, but I rolled out the crust and then had a mixture of mozzarella, cheddar, and spices that I put on it before I baked it. But next time I make cheese bread, I will bake the crust first by itself until it's mostly done and THEN add the cheese, or use more cheese to start with, or a combination of the two. The cheese was DONE on the cheese bread and the crust was just medium done. But when we dipped it into enough marinara sauce then it wasn't so bad. And the regular pizza I made was pretty good too. I think I finally have it down to how much sauce I need on the crust, and it really isn't very much. It just needs to be enough to make a little layer between the cheese and the crust, too much and it will make a soggy messy pizza (said from personal experience). I can't wait until the next time I can make some cheese bread. Yum.

No comments: