Wednesday, April 11, 2007

first orientation session, they're already impressed

So on Monday I had sent out an e-mail to one of the companies, and they immediately sent back an audio file, an information letter, and a questionaire. Part of the questionaire was to transcribe the very short audio file. I did this and sent back the questionaire Monday evening. Tuesday I waited ALL day, to hear something either from them or from a possible two other companies that I had high hopes for. It wasn't until late afternoon that I finally got an e-mail, with my acceptance letter and orientation instructions attached. I was so excited! I got my username and password and made plans to attend this morning's orientation session. During that, I transcribed two full-length 4-minute test files. The person oriented me kept making such comments as "Very good" "Are you sure you haven't done this before?" "You are doing incredibly well" and "one of the best I've ever seen." :)

I have "homework" (a vocabulary list to study and transcribe) before my next orientation session, at 2:00 pm today. The nature of this work is quarterly, so April 15, July 15, October 15, and January 15 and the 4 weeks following are the "busy" season, then I'll have a couple months of light season in between. Maybe one of those other companies will still contact me back and I can have something to supplement the slow times... but even if not, I am very excited about working. I was also so lucky to be applying right before one of their busy seasons while they're hiring.

No comments: